- The Visitor Centre reopened on Monday 26 April, including toilets, gift shop and the café with a limited menu for takeaway.
- Kelpies tour currently operating on a flexible basis.
- The Plaza Café at the Helix is currently open for takeaway from 10am to 4pm with the toilets open from 9am to 8pm.
- Car park and toilets currently open.
Come and see the world's largest equine sculptures up close - and even go inside to marvel at the complexity and the engineering which created these fantastic pieces of art.
- Each structure contains approximately 18,000 individual pieces
- There is over 1.5 miles of steel in each structure
- They each weigh over 300 tonnes and sit on 1,200 tonne foundations
- Each structure has 464 steel plates
- In a monumental feat of engineering, The Kelpies rose from the ground in just 90 days, in late 2013. to view the video of their construction click here
You can book a Kelpies Experience Tour a 30 minute guided walking tour, the pinnacle of which is that you get to experience a Kelpie from the inside and view the breathtaking engineering and design. Click here for details of how to book your The Kelpies Tour
The Kelpies are located in the heart of Helix Park – 350 hectares of recreational green land complete with Visitor Centre which includes a cafe,gift shop and exhbition space, adventure play park, splash play fountains, lagoon and miles of cycle paths.
These giant horses’ heads were showcased on the very popular TV series Great Canal Journeys, with Timothy West and Prunella Scales.
For full details of how to get to the Kelpies please click here.
* This is a dog friendly attraction, click here for other dog friendly places in Falkirk
**We're good to go certifies that they're adhering to the respective government and public health guidance, and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to check they have the required processes and protocols in place.