Check out our new Falkirk Interactive Map
On arrival to Falkirk
Travel Information between key attractions.
To find out more about how to get between the tourist attractions via public transport in the area check out the McGill's Scotland East website.
Public Transport to the Kelpies from Falkirk High Station:
Board the McGill's number 2 bus on Slamman Road, approximately a 2 minute walk from the station. The bus journey will last around 21 minutes. Depart the bus at Dalgrain Road. It is around a 13 minute walk from Dalgrain Road to the Kelpies.
Alternatively, you can board the McGill's number F14 bus on Slammanan Road, approxiamtely a 2 minute walk from the station. This journey will last around 28 minutes. Depart the bus at Etna Road, where you can take a 19 minute walk to the Kelpies.
To access the McGill's journey planner, click here.
Travel to Bo'ness
Catch the No 2 service at the side of the Falkirk Stadium from the pink bus shelter to visit Bo'ness Town Centre, Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway, Bo'ness Motor Museum and Kinneil House and Museum.
For more information on Service 2 go to McGill's Scotland East.
Active Travel Hub
A great place for local tips on exploring the area by bike or on foot as well as public transport advice. Click here for more information.
Getting to the Falkirk Area
- From Edinburgh – take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 for Falkirk
- From Glasgow – take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 on M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Carlisle and the South – M74, M73, M80, M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Perth and the North – A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk
- For car parking at Helix Park & The Kelpies click here
- For car parking at the Falkirk Wheel click here
- For details of Council run car parks throughout the Falkirk area please click here.
- There are regular buses between Falkirk and Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Fife.
Traveline Scotland has full details.
- From Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston -Town Centre Station (35 minutes)
- From Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- From Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- From London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or change at Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and Camelon Station.
Just over 2 hours cycle from Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Find out here how you can get to Falkirk with your bike using public transport.
By air (distances from Falkirk)
The GoEuro website can help you find cheapest plane, train, coach and bus tickets to Falkirk from the UK and Europe. Visit their website here to find out more.