Visitors can follow the River Avon Heritage Trail around the Park past the historic Avon Aqueduct and see the relics of bygone industry and farming.
Muiravonside Country Park offers panoramic views, a spectacular river gorge and several relics of industrial archaeology, linked by a network of paths through a diverse ground flora. Over 90 species of bird have been recorded.
Whilst at the Park, why not take a wander around Newparks Farm where our charming collection of animals always surprise and delight:
- Highland cattle - Freddie, Kyla and Haggis
- Equine 'staff' - Charley and Jake the Clydesdale horses; the Shetland ponies - Robbie (a rescued Shetland pony we rehomed from the SSPCA), Teddy and Eddie
- Several pigs – we have Wessex and Gloucester Old Spot breeds
- A small herd of Hebridean Sheep
- A collection of different breeds of goats
The restored farm steading buildings house an assortment of smaller animals including numerous rabbits, guinea pigs and exotic birds whilst the nearby wildfowl pond and bird enclosures contain the flocks of larger birds like chickens and ducks.
There is also a play park within the park, a great place to spend a family day out.
To find out more about the Parks within the Falkirk area click on MyPark Scotland.
* This is a dog friendly attraction, click here for other dog friendly places in Falkirk