Visitors can follow the River Avon Heritage Trail around the Park past the historic Avon Aqueduct and see the relics of bygone industry and farming.
Muiravonside Country Park offers panoramic views, a spectacular river gorge and several relics of industrial archaeology, linked by a network of paths through a diverse ground flora. Over 90 species of bird have been recorded.
Whilst at the Park, why not take a wander around Newparks Farm where our charming collection of animals always surprise and delight:
- Highland cattle – Billy and Freddie
- Equine 'staff' - Hamish the Clydesdale Horse, Charlie the Shetland Pony, Robbie (a rescued Shetland pony we took from the SSPCA), and our donkeys Sid and Sparkle
- Pigs - Henrietta, Horace, Boris, Morris and Doris (the Kunekunes)
- Goat - Rosie
- Llamas - Toffee and Fudge
- Alpacas - Gromit
- A small flock of Soay sheep complete the line-up
- Come along and say a warm welcome to Chico, the new Amazon parrot!
The restored farm steading buildings house an assortment of smaller animals including numerous rabbits, guinea pigs and exotic birds whilst the nearby wildfowl pond and bird enclosures contain the flocks of larger birds like chickens, geese and ducks.
There is also a play park and café within the park, a great place to spend a family day out.
To find out more about the Parks within the Falkirk area click on MyPark Scotland.
* This is a dog friendly attraction, click here for other dog friendly places in Falkirk