This fantastic family prize includes accommodation, free entry and expenses for a family of five:
- Falkirk District Gift card (£150)
- Guided Tour of The Kelpies at Helix Park
- Falkirk Wheel Boat Tour
- £20 refreshment voucher at the Horsebox at The Kelpies
- £50 voucher for a meal at The Milk Barn
- Tickets to Blackness Castle
- Tickets to visit Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and the Museum of Scottish Railways
- Two night stay at Ardtalla Guest House
From award winning restaurants and cafes, to independent gift shops and high street fashion favourites, this gift card is accepted at over 140 different retailers in the Falkirk area.
Falkirk District Gift Card
One of the most complex pieces of artistic engineering ever created, The Kelpies are the largest horse sculptures in the world. A special guided Kelpies tour will tell you more about one the UK’s best pieces of art, the mythology behind it, and how it was created. Situated in the Helix park, the Kelpies are surrounded by 500km of cycle paths with an adventure zone, lagoon, accessible play area, and e-bike hire available.
After a busy morning of cycling and sightseeing, treat yourself to lunch at The Horsebox Café. Nestled in with the Kelpies, grazing here will be a highlight of your holiday!
The Horsebox Café at The Helix/Kelpies
There’s no better time to take a spin on the Falkirk Wheel than in its 20th anniversary year! This 115ft high rotating boat lift is the only one of its kind in the world. Board the canal boat and enjoy some stunning views of central Scotland as you go up and over. The Falkirk Wheel park also has some great cycling activities for the whole family including, bike hire, Segway tours, E bike station plus a children’s activity zone, a visitor centre and café, mini golf and paddle boarding.
The Falkirk Wheel boat tour
The Milk Barn is a firm family favourite in Falkirk. Using milk from their very own herd of cows and milked just yards away, The Milk Barn serves up some of the best ice cream in Scotland. But there’s not just ice cream- The Milk Barn also serves up a good cup of coffee, sandwiches, baguettes and paninis! It’s a brilliant place to stop for well-earned break after cycling.
Milk Barn Ice Cream Parlour - Photo by Vass Media
This impressive feat of architecture is known as ‘the ship that never sailed’. Perched on the edge of the Forth, it looks like a giant stone ship embarking on the waters. Once a fortress, this impressive site has been the filming location for Outlander, Hamlet and much more. After taking in the stunning views, ride along the Blackness shoreline and stop for a bite to eat. We recommend the Lobster Pot!
Blackness Castle - Photo by Scotdrone
Once you’ve done some serious peddling, it’s time to take life in the slow lane and re-live the glorious days of steam. After enjoying a slice of the past, explore Scotland’s largest railway museum.
Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway - Photo by D. Queenan
Ardtalla is more than just a guesthouse. This exquisite guest house started life as a Victorian Police station before it was lovingly restored, and is now owned by a Scottish Laird, Westerlea, and his Lady, Lady Jane, takes you back to simpler times. There are a range of rooms available with attractive views of the walled garden and the Campsie Fells. Lord Westerlea will be on hand to offer advice on your trip and Lady Jane serves a superb traditional breakfast with homemade bread, preserves and eggs from their hens.
Ardtalla Guest House
Click here to visit our family cycling section and discover more exciting places to visit around the Falkirk area!
How to enter
Fill in our entry form here. You’ll be required to answer a simple question and provide your contact details.
Terms & conditions
- Visit Falkirk will not contact you for any personal details, including bank details.
- The prize draw will close on 11.59pm GMT on 10 July 2022 and the winner will be drawn at random and notified by email shortly afterwards.
- The winner will be contacted by email. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, the prize will be released to another entrant
- The prize must be used by the date specified by the provider.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter this prize draw. Winners may be required to show ID when claiming their prize.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- There is no cash alternative
- VisitFalkirk will not accept responsibility for prize draw entries not received.
- One winner will be drawn.
- Please see full terms & conditions here