We strongly advise when you are planning your visit to the Falkirk area that you check opening hours, pre-booking requirements and any restrictions which may be in place at our attractions, restaurants, cafes and accomodation providers.
Check here to find out which businesses have achieved their 'We're Good to Go', an accreditation that certifies that these businesses have worked hard putting safety measures in place to ensure you will feel comfortable when you visit. By having this mark it means the business is adhering to Government and public health guidance on COVID-19.
Find all the information about what you need to know - social distancing guidelines, face coverings, what's open, and other questions you might have on safety measures to keep you safe from Covid-19 on your visit.
When you're outdoors, please be mindful of the landscape and enjoy it responsibly, respecting and protecting the environment. Check ‘Scotland’s Responsible Tourism Promise’. Remember if you arrive at one of our attractions and it is busy then please visit one of our other many attractions you will find in our area and go back to your original planned trip later in the day.
Public Toilets - to help with planning your day - we have details of the Falkirk Council public toilets which are currently open. See detailed information here
Enjoy up to 50% off in the following attractions and tours in the Falkirk area:
Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars were allowed to reopen from 26 April 2021. You may need to prebook seats in many establishments so please check their facebook pages/website before visiting. You will be asked by the venue to provide your contact details (for each person) for Test and Protect purposes.
Take a look at our Food & Drink section, for some great ideas of where you can visit.
Find out which restaurants/cafes offer takeaway/delivery service here. (Please notice some businesses may have stopped offering takeaway/delivery service)
Discover the wide range of shops in the Falkirk area, with a great choice from many award-winning independent designer boutiques, gifts, food and drink shops and much more. Check out what's in the area.
- Blackness Castle - Currently open. Visitors are required to pre-book tickets online here. Check how HES attractions are responding to the coronavirus situation here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway & Museum of Scottish Railways – Currently open Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. All visitors must pre-book in advance for travelling. For updates on their Winter Diesel Gala and popular Santa Steam Trains please keep an eye on their social media channels. Please check FAQs here and pre-book your tickets here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Bo'ness Motor Museum - Museum and gift shop are currently open, Saturdays and Sundays only. For Weekday visits, please phone 01506 827007 to make a booking.
- Callendar House - Callendar House and Tearoom reopened on Wednesday 28 April. Visitors are required to pre-book online here. The latest information and safety measures here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Falkirk Wheel – Visitor centre is open and boat trips are back. The on-site playpark is currently open too, including their new Mini Golf, segways, water peddlers, bumper boats, bike hire, bungee trampolines, and more. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Please see FAQs and information surrounding visiting The Falkirk Wheel during Covid-19 here.
- Kinneil House - Tours take place every Saturday at 2pm. Booking is not required. Tours start at Kinneil Museum entrance.
- Kinneil Museum - Currently open. Their opening hours remain the same: 12.30pm - 4pm, Wednesday - Monday. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm park and toilets are currently open. Check opening times, toilets and safety information here.
- The Hippodrome Cinema - It's currently open with snacks and drinks also available. Visitors are required to pre-book tickets online here or call on 01324 506850. Find the cinema programme here.
- The Kelpies - The Visitor Centre is currently open, including toilets, gift shop and the café with a limited menu for takeaway. Kelpies tour currently operating on a flexible basis. The Plaza Café at the Helix is currently open for takeaway from 10am to 4pm with the toilets open from 9am to 8pm. There are also toilets available at the Kelpies Car Park 9am - 3.30pm. The Horsebox Café is open from 11am to 5pm daily. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- The Steeple – Expected to be open days at first and later regular opening hours. More information soon.
- Bean Row Pottery – Re-opened the 30th April. Check opening times and latest news here. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Callendar Estate Activity Centre – Paths and trails are available at all times. Visitors are advised to maintain social distance. Cafe at Canada Wood and The Milk Barn Ice-cream Parlour located at the estates are currently open.
- Divergent Games Escape Room - Currently open. Please notice they have moved to a new venue- 102-104 Grahams Road, Falkirk FK2 7BZ. Opening hours: Thursday to Sunday from 12pm to 10pm. Visit their website for latest updates and safety precautions introduced. Book here. For last minute availability call - 07751069481. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Falkirk Town Hall (FTH) - Opening soon. Please visit their website for more information and full theatre programme.
- Forth Bikes – Ebikes hire - E-bikes stations can be found in Helix Park, Falkirk Wheel, Falkirk High Street and Forth Valley Royal Hospital. And new stations in Callendar Park, Bo'ness (Union St), Denny town centre, Zetland Park and Larbert Hospital. Find out more here.
- Glenbervie Golf Club – Currently open for members and their guests. New restaurant opened the 18th May 2021, Ciro's Italian Restaurant. Please get in touch for more information.
- Grangemouth golf course - Currently open for members and visitors. To book phone the Pro Shop on 01324 503840. Check their new operating procedures.
- Greenrig Cycles – Currently open. Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
- Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre - Currently open. Winter opening times (October – March): Tuesday - Friday - 09:30-16:30. Open some Saturdays when they have events. For updates visit their Facebook page here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Maley's Hand Made Chocolate Producer – Shop reopened the 6th May. Chocolate making classes available. To book click here. Ordering available online with delivery service here.
- Scottish Segway Centre - Currently open. Keep an eye for the most up-to-date information and safety procedures here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Gift vouchers available.
- Air Thrill (previously called Sky High Trampolining) - Currently open. Wednesday to Sunday, 10am - 8.30pm, 7 days per week school holidays. To book click here. Check their latest news and guidelines here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Tenpin Falkirk - Reopened on Monday 17 May 2021. Opening hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays, 10am to 11pm. Tuesdays and Thursday until 12am. Book here. Check their latest updates and safety guidelines here.
- The Mariner Leisure - Currently open. Including: swimming pools, gyms, indoor fitness classes and outdoor adult contact sport activities. Check their safety guidelines here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- The Milk Barn – Reopened 26th April 2021. Indoor and outdoor seating available, play park and jumping pillow. Keep up to date here. Opening hours 10am to 5pm.
- Wellsfield Farm Activity Centre - Their holiday lodges, trout fishery, and equestrian Centre are currently open. (Please check their social media for updates).
- Wonder World Soft Play – Re-opened on July 22nd and bookings are now available online via their new website. Book a 2 hour play session here. Read their Covid safety measures here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Xtreme Karting / Game Over Escape Rooms - Currently open. They offer karting sessions / private events, and Game Over Escape Room challenges in their "Walking Death" Escape room! Check their new safety guidelines and pre-book online here when the time is right. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
All parks and paths around the Falkirk area are open for you to enjoy.
- Callendar Park - Play park currently open. Public toilets open Mon-Fri: 8.30am to 5pm - Sat & Sun: 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Dollar Park - Tennis court currently open (Please follow the guidance set here). Arnotdale House and Café currently open and is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Kinneil Estate - Play park, including car park remain open.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm, park and toilets are currently open. Check opening times, toilets and safety information here.
- The Helix - Play park currently open. Plaza Café is currently open from 10am to 4pm 7 days a week and the toilets are open from 9am to 8pm daily.
- Zetland Park - Tennis court currently open. Enjoy the new Bike Pump track cycle and inclusive play area. The toilets at the kiosk are currently open at weekend only. Snacks kiosk is currently closed, however an ice cream van comes into the park at the weekends. Please follow the guidance set here.
- Antonine Wall
- Bo'ness Mining Memorial
- Falkirk Tunnel
- Forth & Clyde Canal and the Union Canal
- Kinneil Nature Reserve
- The Dunmore Pineapple (Outdoor area)
- The Faw Kirk Historic Graveyard & Sir John De Graeme Tomb
- The John Muir Way
This fantastic video acts as a reminder of the many great tourist attractions and businesses we have in our area. We encourage those who have visited our area previously to share their favourite memories and to visit us again in the future. Share your memories using the hashtag #VisitFalkirk