Fun Family Days out in Falkirk
The Falkirk area has got a huge choice of activities for families with little ones to teenagers we have it all. These are just some of our suggestions for a great family day out – tag us in your adventures with #visitfalkirk.
- Your family fun day could start at Muiravonside Country Park, which includes nature trails, picnic sites, play areas and Newparks farm, where you will be surprised and delighted with a charming collection of animals, including Highland cattle, llamas, Shetland pony to name a few!
- Head to Falkirk and visit Callendar House & Park. Explore the magnificent park, where you can take the children for a picnic and a play. It has a fantastic Roman themed play and new Natural Play trail. And of course, don’t miss the impressive Callendar House, a 5-star attraction which includes a working Georgian kitchen with costumed interpreters, interactive displays and tea room (currently closed).
- You can’t visit the Falkirk area without visiting the world famous Kelpies in the Helix Park – the world’s tallest equine sculptures you can pre book on a Kelpie Tour which will take you inside one of the horses heads, plus there are walks, cycle paths, play areas, a visitor centre with café (still to re-open), splash play (summer only) and lagoon.
- A few minutes’ walk from Falkirk town centre, you can find Dollar Park, which includes a play park designed to look like a pirate ship, a walled garden with arbour area for picnics and a large Victorian two storey mansion Arnotdale House with a café, perfect for a coffee/tea and cake or lunch.
- A short drive or cycle will take you to the Falkirk Wheel, the world’s only rotating boat lift – sail 115 ft into the air in one of their barges, let the kids play in the park but take towels if the kids have fun in the water park. Alternatively, you could explore the majestic site on a Segway! A wonderful family activity and something that all generations can enjoy together. Discover some of the breath-taking views, woodland paths and historic scenery, like Rough Castle, part of the Antonine Wall.
- Lastly, The Milk Barn an artisan ice cream parlour for a well-earned ice-cream and the parents can have a great coffee while the kids can play outside in the play area.
We have a whole host of indoor fun activities for the kids from soft play to trampoling, karting to bowling and of course family friendly swimming pools, hopefully these will be allowed to re-open soon you can find these listed on our website.
Find yourself in the Falkirk area for a fun few days with loads of things for the whole family.
Fun Places To Stay
Wondering where is best to stay you will find we have a great range of accomodation. From B&Bs to hotels, safari tents, camping pods, camp sites and self-catering properties, there is plenty accommodation to choose from to extend your stay in the area.
For our full listing of accomodation click here