Check out our new Falkirk Interactive Map
On arrival to Falkirk
Travel Information between key attractions.
To find out more about how to get between the tourist attractions via public transport in the area check out the First Bus website
Public Transport to the Kelpies from Falkirk High Station:
Join the First Bus Number 2 bus for Bo'ness at Slammanan Road approx 2 minutes walk from the rail station. This bus will stop on Falkirk Road opposite Falkirk Stadium (watch out for the pink bus stop) this stop is the side entrance to the Helix Park and you can walk through the park to the Kelpies and the visitor centre - this will take approx 20 minutes. Or alternatively you can then get the 28 bus to Falkirk/Alloa from this bus stop and get off at Glensburgh Road before Kerse Bridge Grangemouth, from here it is an approx 8 minute walk to the Kelpies along the canal. to access the First Bus route planner click here
Travel to Bo'ness
Catch the No 2 service at the side of the Falkirk Stadium from the pink bus shelter to visit Bo'ness Town Centre, Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway, Bo'ness Motor Museum and Kinneil House and Museum.
For more information on Service 2 go to www.firstscotlandeast.com
Bo'ness Community Bus - Bo'ness to Edinburgh
The C19 bus runs between Bo'ness and Edinburgh.
You can book your journey by calling 07376980049 from 8.00 - 9.00 and 13.00-16.00 Monday to Friday and Sundays 13.00-16.00 or texting anytime. All Text bookings will be confirmed. For the latest timetable information please click here and you can check the website here
Cycle Hire at Falkirk High
Based at Falkirk High Railway Station, Bike & Go allows you to easily hire a bike. All you need to do is pre-register online and return your bike when you are done. If you are feeling adventurous you can cycle from Falkirk to Linlithgow along the canal and leave the bike at the station there.
Active Travel Hub
A great place for local tips on exploring the area by bike or on foot as wll as public transport advice. Click here for more info
Getting to the Falkirk Area
- From Edinburgh – take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 for Falkirk
- From Glasgow – take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 on M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Carlisle and the South – M74, M73, M80, M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Perth and the North – A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk
- For car parking at Helix Park & The Kelpies click here
- For car parking at the Falkirk Wheel click here
- For details of Council run car parks throughout the Falkirk area please click here.
- There are regular buses between Falkirk and Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Fife.
Traveline Scotland has full details.
- From Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston -Town Centre Station (35 minutes)
- From Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- From Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- From London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or change at Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and Camelon Station.
By air (distances from Falkirk)
The GoEuro website can help you find cheapest plane, train, coach and bus tickets to Falkirk from the UK and Europe. Vist their website here to find out more.