On arrival to Falkirk
Travel Information in and around Falkirk on Services 3, 4 and 5 and the new F14 service
With a daytime frequency of 20 minutes Monday to Saturday and 30 minutes on a Sunday, the 3 or 4 service takes you from The Falkirk Wheel to Grangemouth via the Town Centre and Helix Park & The Kelpies. The 3 and 4 Service boasts leather seats, luxurious interiors and free WiFi and have the distinctive images of the Kelpies, The Falkirk Wheel and The Steeple on the exterior. When travelling on this service to Helix Park & The Kelpies, please leave the bus at Falkirk Stadium/Helix Park pink bus stop. This affords you the opportunity to enjoy Helix Park on the way to The Kelpies and visitor centre. For information please note the bus stop is approxinately 1 mile from under the nose of The Kelpies!
NEW From 22nd August 2016 the new F14 Service will run from Falkirk High and Grahamston train stations. It will terminate at the Kelpies car park arrival area bus stop within Helix Park. This will be an hourly service running Monday to Sunday.
For more information on Service 3/4 and F14 visit www.firstscotlandeast.com
Travel to Bo'ness on Service 5
Catch the No 5 service at the side of the Falkirk Stadium from the pink bus shelter to visit Bo'ness Town Centre, Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway, Kinneil House and Museum.
For more information on Service 5 go to www.firstscotlandeast.com
Getting to the Falkirk Area
- From Edinburgh – take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 for Falkirk
- From Glasgow – take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 on M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Carlisle and the South – M74, M73, M80, M876 and follow the signs for Falkirk
- From Perth and the North – A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk
- For car parking at Helix Park & The Kelpies click here
- For details of Council run car parks throughout the Falkirk area please click here.
- There are regular buses between Falkirk and Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Fife.
Traveline Scotland has full details.
- From Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston (35 minutes)
- From Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes) or Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- From Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- From London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or change at Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and Camelon Station.
By air (distances from Falkirk)
The GoEuro website can help you find cheapest plane, train, coach and bus tickets to Falkirk from the UK and Europe. Vist their website here to find out more.