You are strongly advised to check before you visit any establishment within the Falkirk area as to opening hours, pre-booking requirements and any restrictions which may be in place.
Check here which businesses are 'We're Good to Go', an accreditation that certifies that these businesses adhere to Government and public health guidance on COVID-19.
Find here all the information you need on what you need to know - physical distancing guidelines and face coverings, what's open, and other questions you might have on safety measures to keep you safe from Covid-19 on your visit.
Please stay safe everyone.
Required to close.
Restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars are closed.
Have a look at our Food & Drink section.
Find out which restaurants are offering takeaway/delivery service here.
Only essential retail can remain open following Scottish Government safety guidelines.
From the 16th January click and collect is limited to retailers selling essential items such as clothes, footwear, baby equipment, homeware and books. For those services allowed, staggered appointments will be required, and access inside premises for collection will not be permitted.
Discover the wide range of shops in the Falkirk area, with a great choice from many award-winning independent designer boutiques, gifts, food and drink shops and much more. Check what's in the area and shop online.
- Bean Row Pottery – Currently closed. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Callendar Estate Activity Centre – Paths and trails are available at all times. Visitors are advised to maintain social distance.
- Divergent Games Escape Room - Temporarily closed. Please visit their website to check the safety precautions introduced. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Forth Bikes – Ebikes hire - E-bikes stations can be found in Helix Park, Falkirk Wheel, Falkirk High Street and Forth Valley Royal Hospital. Find out more here.
- Grangemouth golf course - Currently open for members. To book phone the Pro Shop on 01324 503840. Check their new operating procedures.
- Greenrig Cycles – Currently open. Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
- Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre - Closed to the public until further notice. For updates visit their Facebook page here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Maley's Hand Made Chocolate Producer – Ordering available online with delivery service here. Shop closed and workshops suspended until further notice.
- Paddlefast Ltd – Physical shop temporarily closed and lessons suspended. Shop online here. Orders can be click and collect.
- School of Witchcraft & Potions - Temporarily closed. To book when the time is right, visit their website here.
- Scottish Segway Centre - Currently closed. Keep an eye for the most up-to-date information here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Gift vouchers available.
- Seagull Canal Cruising - Currently closed. For most up-to-date information please visit their Facebook page.
- Tenpin Falkirk - Currently closed until further notice. Check thier latest updates and safety guidelines here.
- The Mariner Leisure - Closed until further notice. Check their safety guidelines here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- The Milk Barn – Open for takeaways. Opening hours 10am to 4pm.
- Wellsfield Farm Activity Centre - The farm park and coffee shop remain closed during this season. Their holiday lodges, trout fishery, the Equestrian Centre and Health Club will reopen when Covid restrictions ease. (Please check their social media for updates).
- Wonder World – Currently closed. For most up-to-date information please visit their website wonderworldsoftplay.co.uk
- Xtreme Karting / Game Over Escape Rooms - Temporarily closed. They offer karting sessions / private events, and Game Over Escape Room challenges in their "Walking Death" Escape room! Check their new safety guidelines and pre-book online here when the time is right. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Blackness Castle - Closed until further notice. Once the site re-opens, visitors will be required to pre-book tickets online here. Check how HES attractions are responding to the coronavirus situation here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway & Museum of Scottish Railways – Railway and Museum will not reopen until further notice. This includes the Station Buffet, Gift Shop, Model Railway & Visitor Trail. Winter Diesel Gala and popular Santa Steam Trains will not take place this year. Read latest update here. Please keep checking their website for more information.
- Bo'ness Motor Museum - Museum and gift shop are temporarily closed. For inquiries phone 01506 827007.
- Callendar House - Cureently closed. Once it reopens, visitors will be require to pre-book online here. The latest information and safety measures here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Falkirk Wheel – Temporarily closed until further notice. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Please see FAQs and information surrounding visiting The Falkirk Wheel during Covid-19 here.
- Kinneil House - It will not be open for tours/open days this year.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm currently closed. Visitor Centre will not be reopening this year. Find out more here.
- The Hippodrome Cinema - Closed until further notice. Once it reopens, visitors will be required to pre-book tickets online here or call on 01324 506850.
- The Kelpies - The Helix Visitor Centre is currently closed and Kelpies Tours suspended until further notice. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Car park and toilets currently open.
- The Steeple – Expected to be open days at first and later regular opening hours. More information soon.
All parks and paths around the Falkirk area are open for you to enjoy.
- Callendar Park - Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Public toilets open weekends only until further notice.
- Dollar Park - Tennis court currently open (Please follow the guidance set here). Arnotdale House and Café temporarily closed and is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Kinneil Estate - Play park, including car park remain open.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm reopened to the public on the 16th of July with safety restrictions in place. (Please read their guidance in advance of your visit). Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Visitor Centre will not be reopening this year.
- The Helix - Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Plaza Café temporarily closed. The Helix Visitor Centre toilets and car park currently open.
- Antonine Wall
- Bo'ness Mining Memorial
- Falkirk Tunnel
- Forth & Clyde Canal and the Union Canal
- Kinneil Nature Reserve
- The Dunmore Pineapple (Outdoor area)
- The Faw Kirk Historic Graveyard & Sir John De Graeme Tomb
- The John Muir Way
This fantastic video acts as a reminder of the many great tourist attractions and businesses we have in our area. We encourage those who have visited our area previously to share their favourite memories and to visit us again in the future. Share your memories using the hashtag #VisitFalkirk