Tourism and hospitality businesses have started to re-open since mid July 2020. You are strongly advised to check before you visit any establishment within the Falkirk area as to opening hours, pre-booking requirements and any restrictions which may be in place.
Check here which businesses are 'We're Good to Go', an accreditation that certifies that these businesses adhere to Government and public health guidance on COVID-19.
Please stay safe everyone.
Hotels and other accommodation providers – Re-opened from 15th July.
Hospitality businesses opened Outdoor areas only from the 6th July and Indoor areas from the 15th July. Have a look at our Food & Drink section and check businesses websites/social media prior to your visit.
Find out which restaurants are offering takeaway/delivery and sit in service here.
- Bean Row Pottery – Open 3rd July. Friday to Saturday 10am to 5pm. All other times contact email@example.com
- Callendar Estate Activity Centre – Open from 1st June. Paths and trails are available at all times. Visitors are advised to maintain social distance.
- Cloybank Estate – Coffee Shop open from mid July (booking only). Please get in touch for more information.
- Divergent Games Escape Room - Currently open. Please visit their website to check the safety precautions introduced. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Forth Bikes – Ebikes hire - Currently open. E-bikes stations can be found in Helix Park, Falkirk Wheel, Falkirk High Street and Forth Valley Royal Hospital. Find out more here.
- Forthview Golf Range - Currently open and accepting visitors.
- Glenbervie Golf Club – Accepting visitors from 3rd August. Please get in touch for more information.
- Grangemouth golf course - Currently open and accepting visitors. Book a time up until 8.00pm by phoning the Pro Shop on 01324 503840. Check their new operating procedures.
- Greenrig Cycles – Currently open. Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
- Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre - Re-opening on the 13th of August. Opening Monday to Friday from 10:00-16:30. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Maley's Hand Made Chocolate Producer – Ordering available online with delivery service.
- Paddlefast Ltd –. Online and physical shop open from 26th June. Paddleboarding lessons (1 to 1, if customer has own kit), board hire. Orders can be click and collect.
- Re-Union Canal Boats – Open 1st August. Opening time 9am - 5pm. Advance booking required. Please contact for more information.
- Scottish Segway Centre - Reopened with limited capacity on the 22nd July at The Falkirk Wheel. Other Segway locations to reopen soon. Keep an eye for the most up-to-date information here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Tenpin Falkirk - Closed from Friday 9th October at 6pm to Monday 26th October. Check their safety guidelines here.
- The Mariner Leisure - Reopened on Monday 14th September with access to the swimming pool, squash courts, soft play, and health & fitness facilities. The café and sauna will remain closed until further notice. Check their safety guidelines here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- The Milk Barn – Open for takeaways, outside & indoor seating. Opening hours 10am to 5pm.
- Wellsfield Farm Activity Centre - The farm park and coffee shop remain closed during this season. Their holiday lodges and trout fishery are open and the Equestrian Centre and Health Club will reopen when Covid restrictions ease. (Please check their social media for updates).
- Wonder World – Opening day to be confirmed soon. For updated information please see websites wonderworldsoftplay.co.uk
- Sky High Trampolining - Currently open. Please notice pre-booking is required. Book online or phone them on 01324 460668 as walk-in slots cannot be guaranteed. Check their new rules and guidelines here.
- Xtreme Karting / Game Over Escape Rooms - Open from the 14th of September. Offering karting sessions / private events, and Game Over Escape Room challenges in their "Walking Death" Escape room! Check their new safety guidelines here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Blackness Castle - Re-opened 17th August. Pre-book tickets online here. Check how HES attractions are responding to the coronavirus situation here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway & Museum of Scottish Railways – Extended the closure of the Railway and Museum to visitors for the months of October and November. The Museum and passenger trains may re-open towards the end of December. Winter Diesel Gala and popular Santa Steam Trains will not take place this year. Read latest update here. Please keep checking their website for more information.
- Bo'ness Motor Museum - Museum and gift shop open from 18th July. The museum will be open weekends only from 11am to 4pm. For a weekday visit please phone 01506 827007 to book an appointment. Please notice toilets will be closed for everyone’s safety.
- Callendar House - Re-opened Thursday 10th September. Pre-booking required online here. Opening hours will be: 10am – 5pm, Wednesday to Monday. The Tearoom reopens on Wednesday 14th October with an additional Take Away menu. The latest information and safety measures here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Falkirk Wheel – The café will remain open for food and non-alcoholic drinks and now operates with table service only. The Grab n Go, Airstream and Pizza Oven will continue to offer outdoor takeaway food and non-alcoholic drink. Visitor Centre and gift shop will remain open with mandatory face coverings and a return to reduced capacity, 2m physical distancing and the reintroduction of a one-way system. Boat trips will continue to operate with reduced capacity, 1m physical distancing, restricted group sizes, collection of customer details and mandatory face coverings. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified. Please see FAQs and information surrounding visiting The Falkirk Wheel during Covid-19 here.
- Kinneil House - It will not be open for tours/open days this year.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm Reopened to the public on the 16th of July with safety restrictions in place. Visitor Centre will not be reopening this year. Find out more here.
- The Kelpies - Outdoor attraction open. The Helix Visitor Centre toilets and shop opened from 9th October. Visitor Centre Café is currently scheduled to reopen on 26 October. Kelpies Tour suspended until further notice. Check the latest information here. It is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- The Steeple – Expected to be open days at first and later regular opening hours. More information soon.
All parks and paths around the Falkirk area are open for you to enjoy.
- Callendar Park - Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Public toilets will also reopen this weekend for weekends only at this stage.
- Dollar Park - Tennis court currently open (Please follow the guidance set here). Arnotdale House and Café opened from 1st August and is 'We're Good to Go' certified.
- Kinneil Estate - Play park opened on the 29 June 2020.
- Muiravonside Country Park - Newlands Farm reopened to the public on the 16th of July with safety restrictions in place. (Please read their guidance in advance of your visit). Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Visitor Centre will not be reopening this year.
- The Helix - Play park opened on the 29 June 2020. Plaza Café reopened 5th September on weekends only from 9.30am-4.30pm with a reduced menu. The Helix Visitor Centre toilets and shop opened from 9th October.
- Antonine Wall
- Bo'ness Mining Memorial
- Falkirk Tunnel
- Forth & Clyde Canal and the Union Canal
- Kinneil Nature Reserve
- The Dunmore Pineapple (Outdoor area)
- The Faw Kirk Historic Graveyard & Sir John De Graeme Tomb
- The John Muir Way
This fantastic video acts as a reminder of the many great tourist attractions and businesses we have in our area. We encourage those who have visited our area previously to share their favourite memories and to visit us again in the future. Share your memories using the hashtag #VisitFalkirk