The key targets identified within the Strategy for the Falkirk area are:
- To increase visitor expenditure in the Falkirk area by 20% over the next five years to 2020
- To increase overnight visitor accommodation (serviced bedrooms and self catering units) in the Falkirk area by 20% over the next five years to 2020.
- To develop a Falkirk Tourism Partnership to take ownership of, to review and to implement the strategy.
As a result Falkirk Council co-ordinated an initial meeting with a number of Falkirk area tourism businesses and heard from David Smythe the Chair of Perthshire Tourism Partnership as to the benefits of an Area Tourism Partnership.
This was followed by an excellent discussion facilitated by Caroline Warburton of the Scottish Tourism Alliance
- It was agreed that Falkirk Council establish a Tourism Business Forum which will meet every 3 to 4 months.
- It was also agreed that Falkirk Council would look for an industry chair and a small group of businesses which Falkirk Council can use as a sounding board to take the Partnership model forward.
- Any businesses considering volunteering to contact firstname.lastname@example.org